Extrusion Coating Technology
Participants get a comprehensive insight into one of Mondi’s core competencies and get well acquainted with the extrusion coating process and methodology.
Who should attend?
The seminar is designed to be a secondary training for sales staff, production managers, engineers and other functions who have already gained technical know-how.
Benefits of attending
In this training participants gain in-depth knowledge about the material, the polymers used in the process, the extrusion coating technology itself, the techniques applied as well as an ovverview about the respective end products.
- Introduction to extrusion coating: plastic granulates, extruder, production lines, production process, corona treatment, lamination; typical products
- Polyethylene (PE): from mineral oil to polymers; overview of chemical properties; low/high density; technology, characterisation, critical processing parameters
- PE product segments: melt flow rate, density, testing methods
- Extrusion techniques: injection and blow moulding, sheet and cast extrusion
- Extrusion coating line: process system, roll coating vs. extrusion coating, mono- and co-extrusion coating, typical extrusion coating line layouts, process and production control, technology, trouble shooting
- Corona treatment: treatment methods, corona system, parameters, electrode configuration, cast film, coating and laminating
- Market examples: substrates, copolymers, polymers extrusion coating, application matrix, extrusion line equipment, product examples
- Plant tour through Mondi Belcoat