Flexoprinting for the Packaging Industry
This seminar is designed to provide the participants with a sound knowledge in flexoprinting technologies.
Who should attend?
This seminar is designed for sales staff, purchasing experts and production engineers with a good basic technical know-how.
Benefits of attending
Sales experts will deepen their understanding of customer needs in printing issues. Procurement experts will gain more competence in taking the right decisions about partnerships in this line of business.
- The principles of printing: from concept and design to specific demands for printing techniques
- Printing process: Offset/Rotogravure/Flexo/Silkscreen/Digital; trends and develop-ments in the printing market, identifying printing process
- Design: communication with advertising agencies, application of the product, number of colours, size, quantity, fonts
- Prepress: parameters, trapping creen frequencies/angles/types; highlights, shadings, creep, colour separation, colour space, film, RIP, postscript
- Printing form: photo polymer, laser engraved rubber sleeves, CTP, laser engravings for rotogravure, cliché thickness, back & main exposure, washing
- Colour theory: colour spectra, colour systems: RGB, CMYK, Pantone; colour space
- Ink: water or solvent based inks, UV colours, shading, PMS, CMYK, the use of additive or
subtractive colours, demands on light resistance, lacquer
- Substrates: paper (grades, roughness, lamination), plastic, foil, weights, coating, calendering, specific demands on flameproof substrates, food, sleeves
- Printing: choice of machine, anilox rollers, doctor blades, type of printing units, line press or stacker, core, sleeve dimensions
- Practical session: workshop in flexoprinting
- Plant tour through Tetrapak and Mondi Sunne