This seminar gives a profound overview about the manufacturing of release liners and adhesives as well as the Mondi product portfolio, its markets and applications.
Who should attend?
This seminar designed for participants who have a good basic technical knowledge in this area.
Benefits of attending
Participants will gain specific knowledge on coating and siliconisation and see two different machines in the plant which are solely dedicated to the making of release liners.
- Overview of release liners: glassine and film silicone; silicone chemistry; silicone coating methods, conversion of release liners to PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) products, end-use market areas
- Raw materials: (coated or machine glazed) papers, glassine; films
- Silicone for release liners: history, manufacturing, delivery forms, components and their functions, curing reactions, advantages/limitations of each delivery form/technology, coating processes; markets and suppliers; other silicone applications
- Machines for release liners: coating and process equipment, coating line solutions, technologies
- Adhesive coating: PSA products, adhesive coating process, adhesives and their respective properties
- End uses: graphic art, labels, hygiene & medical applications, sealants, tapes, fibre composites
- Market overview: world & European markets and growth, merchant market;
- Properties and testing: testing methods, properties and parameters
- Mechanism of release: silicone properties, influencing factors, effects on release, delamination mechanism, low and high speed release mechanism
- Digital liner: problems and requirements, appropriate solutions, technology and efficiency
- Structured release liners: processes, developments and products, specialities and their applications
- Plant tour through Mondi Inncoat