Introduction to Corrugated Packaging
This seminar gives a thorough introduction to the manufacturing processes and technologies of corrugated packaging as well as the Mondi corrugated business with its markets and applications.
Benefits of attending
Participants will gain knowledge about how corrugated packaging operates as a business and organisation, what processes and products are involved and build networks within the Mondi organisation.
Who should attend?
The seminar is designed to be a comprehensive programme for all functions and levels within Mondi. Particularily newcomers to the business will benefit from this training.
- Mondi corrugated packaging: Mondi structure and production sites, main production lines and product portfolio, European market and end users; market players and competitors; market trends and equipments
- Paper production: history of papermaking, raw materials, pulp production, waste paper, paper production process, chemical technology
- Corrugated paper production: history of corrugated board, paperboard grades, production of corrugated board properties and testing; printing techniques (flexographic, offset, etc.)
- Environmental aspects: regulations, virgin fibre vs. recycled fibre
- Corrugated board packaging: customer needs, functional specifications, flexibility, value analysis, logistics functions
- Quality control: parameters and properties, possible defects, quality control systems
- Product life cycle: internal sales, design process, cost breakdown, graphics/artwork, origination, production planning, corrugator, printing, converting, palletisation, delivery, end use
- Plant tour Mondi Swiecie