Data Scientist - Advanced Analytics (f/m)
Group function, Information Management / IT, Austria
Mondi’s Digital Excellence team drives maximum value from data and develops analytics solutions, which provide strategic advantages in our day-to-day operations. Being part of the team, you will develop solutions for the challenges of our Business Units – from concept, via building the model, up to the actual implementation.
You will work in interdisciplinary teams consisting of other colleagues of MONDI DX as well as domain experts from our respective Business Units.
Be part of the digital transformation of Mondi!
- mastery of R and/or Python (must)
- being able to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment and with people at all organizational levels
- willing to be part of a new team and helping build it
- able to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment and with people at all organizational levels
- capable of communicating complex ideas effectively
- fluent in English
- German or other languages will be valued
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or Machine Learning
- previous practical experience in applying advanced data science methods on real time data in business context
- experience in one of the following areas: statistical modelling, machine learning, mathematic optimization or process simulation
- complementary experience in applying gradient boosting, supporting vector machines or neural networks, deep learning or alternatively in formulating and solving of optimization problems with Gurobi, CPLEX or CBC respectively in using simulation software, such as Anylogic or Arena
- knowledge in big-data infrastructure and cloud-based analyses instruments, such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Spark, Hadoop, AMLS or BigQuery
- knowledge of some of the languages: Julia, SQL, GMPL, GAMS, ILOG OPL or related languages
- knowledgeable in treatment/Data mining: SQL, AWK, Access, Spark, Excel (valued)
- knowledge of some typical frameworks, such as mlr, caret, NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn, Spark ML, Keras, TensorFlow, Theano or gurobipy
- you will become part of our digital transformation unit MONDI DX and work on challenging projects within a successful, dynamic and flexible environment
- an international and encouraging market leader of the packaging & paper industry
- an attractive working place in the Group office Vienna
- engaging social benefits (e.g. health programs, jobticket, special conditions, etc.)
- individual development opportunities (e.g. The Mondi Academy)
- the opportunity to unfold (y)our true potential within Mondi
Immediate start date
Ref. Austrian “Bundes-Gleichbehandlungsgesetz”: The position is subject to the Austrian collective agreement of the “Papierverarbeitende Industrie” with a legal minimum wage of € 40,892.74 gross/year plus overpayment. The overpayment is determined by the qualification of the jobholder.
If you are a dynamic and open-minded team player whose working style is characterised by flexibility and you are looking for a position where you take on even more responsibilities, take the first step and send your application to Patrick Adlmannseder.
With your application, you will be redirected to our recruiting platform. After creating an account, you will receive an activation link. If you don’t find the email in your inbox, please check your spam folder or add the address [email protected] to your "safe list" or address book.