Sack kraft paper (Packaging Paper), Speciality kraft paper (Packaging Paper), Safety / Health / Environment, USA
- Coordinate the implementation and monitoring of programs that will ensure plant environmental compliance with applicable Federal, state and local regulations and permits
- Coordinate Federal, state and local reporting and documentation requirements concerning permitting, SARA reporting, air emissions, and waste water
- Coordinating with the audits and inspection material to ensure conformity with the plan.
- Oversee environmental operations to ensure regulatory compliance and permit renewals.
- Coordinate and verify the work progress as per the relevant specifications and company's environmental systems.
- Assist in designing, preparing, implementing and maintaining the environmental project plan.
- Make certain that documents and records are filed as per the contract filing system.
- Overview and coordinate environmental operations in order to ensure permit renewals and regulatory compliance.
- Inspect the site for environmental compliances.
- Provide training and assistance to the team members.
- Make sure that industrial operations are regulated as per the state and local changing conditions.
- Determine the root cause of environment issues and plan for appropriate actions to overcome them.
- Find out potential environmental risks and design for mitigation plan.
- Maintain clear and complete documentations for reference purpose during environmental operations.
- Team up with the management to upgrade activities and schedule periodic maintenance.
- Keep updated documents which enclose regulations and environmental policies
- Work with cross-functional groups to maintain monitoring programs and environmental management.
- Determine areas of improvement to lessen environmental wastes and damages.
- Other duties are performed under the guidance and direction of the Supervisor/Manager.
- Candidates need to have good knowledge of updated research methods, concepts and state environment.
- Knowledge of various computer software packages.
- Proficient knowledge of required environmental statutory assets, environmental requirements and laws pertaining to the paper manufacturing industry.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with people they interact with.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations along with quality review act along with proficiency in writing reports.
- Ability to carry out administrative or staff assignments and present them in writing or verbal format.
- Ability to share technical ideas and concepts with public and non-technical personnel.
- Good judgment, planning and strategy making skills are essential
- Previous experience of performing similar role as it pertains to Air & Water permitting
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Problem solving capability
- Ability to manage, lead, participate and schedule multiple activities
- Ready to work in remote locations if required
- Ability to work dynamically in various work environment
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor’ in Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or technically related field
- Must have 5+ years of experience in Enviromental Compliance
- Experience in preparation of Air Permitting
- OSHA Health & Safety compliance programs, inspection and training
- Individual must have strong organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills and be proficient in MS Office products
- an interesting job within the packaging & paper industry
- to be part of a successful multicultural company
- an empowering environment
- several training opportunities (e.g. The Mondi Academy)
- Competitive benefit package
If you are a dynamic and open-minded team player whose working style is characterised by flexibility and you are looking for a position where you take on even more responsibilities, take the first step and send your application to [email protected].
Immediate Start Date