Industrial bags (Fibre Packaging), Finance / Procurement, USA
- The person who occupies this position is responsible for all aspects of plant accounting and reporting functions.
- This position is the key to ensuring ongoing proper transactions and controls are in place in the facility so that accurate costing and profit analysis can be performed.
- This position will lead team of 3 individuals performing monthly financial close, billing, AP, payroll review, fixed asset maintenance, reconciliations, and balancing plant intercompany
- The Financial Controller is responsible for reporting financials in SAP and Hyperion, controlling and profitability analysis and providing explanations on results and presentations to upper management.
- Support Plant Manager with insight and analysis to enable a more profitable facility.
- Lead, organize and support projects in the facility for favorable impact to the bottom line.
- Constantly monitor, understand and drive margin/profit improvements on a detailed customer and product level with all relevant stakeholders
- Tight control of fixed costs
- Manage financial month end close within 2 days and reconciliations within 5 days. The timeliness and accuracy of these results are critical. The controller is responsible for maintaining and improving this process. The Controller is responsible for a thorough understanding of the contents of the P&L, balance sheet accounts, reconciling accounts and keeping the Regional informed of any material issues.
- Develop and efficiently coach the plant finance team
- Assist with audit and tax requirements.
- Secure accurate monthly forecasting performance through communication with sales, production and plant management
- Control of Working Capital – continuously work with peers to match plans and improve
- Proper fixed asset management - responsible for developing capital requests, tracking and timely capitalization of fixed assets.
- Ensuring proper controls are in place and adhered to and maintain practices and procedures.
- Other Duties a requested
- Experience working with SAP systems required.
- Cost accounting experience required.
- Experience working with Hyperion system a plus.
- Six Sigma process improvement a plus.
- Fluent English
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields. CPA preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing finance department a plus, 5-7 years
- Hands on Self-Starter, and willingness to work in details
- Dynamic, flexible team player with demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Excellent communicator, organized in thought and delivery, proven ability to independently develop and drive action plans and projects
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Attention to detail, motivation and enthusiasm.
- Strong coaching, mentoring and motivating skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of individuals at all organization levels.
- an interesting job within the packaging & paper industry
- to be part of a successful multicultural company
- an empowering environment
- several training opportunities (e.g. The Mondi Academy)
- several attractive social benefits
If you are a dynamic and open-minded team player whose working style is characterised by flexibility and you are looking for a position where you take on even more responsibilities, take the first step and send your application to j[email protected].
Immediate Start Date