Head of Business Development – Americas’
Marketing / Sales, Consumer goods packaging (Consumer Packaging), USA
The Head of Business Development – Americas’ is responsible to drive best practices and process rigor within the region to deliver commercial excellence. This Manager will combine marketing acumen, strategic thinking, and best-practice theory and methods to develop optimal go-to-market strategy and tactics focusing on delivering accelerated growth. This will be accomplished while partnering with commercial associates across the global organization to accelerate and improve success probability of strategic growth programs as well as the implementation of key internal initiatives. The Strategic Marketing Manager will utilize strong leadership, coaching, facilitation, and project management skills. Challenging the status quo, leveraging internal and external experts, and utilizing leading-edge strategic marketing methods are expected. In addition, the Strategic Marketing Manager will lead and drive their own strategic growth projects focused on developing new, profitable growth opportunities for Mondi.
- Lead and mentor commercial associates to effectively utilize strategic marketing theory and best-practices, project management rigor, and data-driven tools and methods to develop optimal go-to-market strategy and tactics.
- In collaboration with the finance function, ensures stewardship and governance of the P&L to scrutinize selling price/volume relationship and the cost of the business system such that actions are defined and implemented in a timely manner to fulfill Mondi's commitment on business results.
- Responsible for the ongoing market and competitive intelligence processes, development of market scenarios and associated team reviews in order to define proactive tactics for managing competitive threats and disruptive technologies
- Forecast global market trends and drive detailed market research to identify/quantify opportunities.
- Independently develop and collaborate on sale proposals, working closely with staff to ensure that project scope, schedules and budgets are accurately planned, monitored, communicated and met
- Works with market data and the network of internal stakeholders to create the business case for future investments into assets or technology/application development projects.
- Develop new revenue producing projects
- Utilize process rigor and strong project management skills to achieve results
- Conduct marketing studies and surveys to determine market needs and to monitor customer satisfaction
- Promotes the organization at industry and trade shows as well as other professional associations
- Travel is required – approximately 50% - Visit existing clients throughout US and abroad to maintain business and seek new business opportunities
- English – fluent
- German preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a concentration in sales, business development, and/or marketing
- Preference for candidates interested in pursuing MBA
- Proven track record of delivering results in highly competitive markets, preference for paper/film
- 5+ years’ experience in Marketing or related field in roles of increased responsibility
Frequent contact and collaboration with cross-functional team to drive growth initiatives
Within the operations the incumbent will possess the following characteristics:
- Leadership ability associated with development and execution of strategic/tactical analysis.
- Management of the day-to-day marketing activities; classic 4 “P” marketing
- Provide necessary leadership with management of cross-functional teams to accomplish a “market” impact analysis.
- The ability to understand and communicate trends regarding profitable business opportunities.
Within the company, but outside of the operations:
- Collaboration with other global Mondi counterparts and associates
- Act as a resource for the Release Liner America’s organization
Outside of the Company:
- The position interacts with external customers as needed.
Special assignments and/or unique characteristics of the position:
- Position requires a highly motivated, self-starting, results orientated person.
- Utilizes passion and enthusiasm to drive positive change throughout the organization
- Strong skills in marketing tools and techniques including segmentation, positioning, targeting and value proposition development
- Promotes a customer-focused culture and continuously strives to deliver value to internal and external customers
- Strong strategic marketing and business acumen with the ability to think creatively to develop strategic options and systematically evaluate each to identify the optimal approach.
- Strong facilitation skills - ability to communicate and transfer knowledge, engage an audience, and motivate action
- Ability to lead and influence globally and across all levels of the organization
- A proven track record of tangible impact facilitating profitable growth
- Strong performance management skills; adept at managing self and others to milestones
- Excellent written and verbal communication to all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills, Database management, MS Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- an interesting job within the packaging & paper industry
- to be part of a successful multicultural company
- an empowering environment
- several training opportunities (e.g. The Mondi Academy)
- several attractive social benefits
If you are a dynamic and open-minded team player whose working style is characterised by flexibility and you are looking for a position where you take on even more responsibilities, take the first step and send your application to [email protected].