Human Resources Manager - New Jersey
Consumer Packaging, Human Resources / Legal, USA
- The Human Resources Manager will be a strategic business partner to the plant leadership and provide support to the employees.
- This role will provide and develop the talent and culture for the facility as well as have primary accountability for the overall success, effectiveness, and efficiency of the Human Resources department at the facility
- The role will support key stake holder to improve organizational capability, drive change, define organizational needs, and resolve union and employee issues.
- Be strategic partner at the plant leadership level
- Ensure alignment of HR processes with overall HR strategic and operating goals
- Lead effort to coordinate and support the negotiation process for labor agreements
- Counsel, advise and train management on performance-based issues, facilitate any formal or informal complaints to resolution.
- Provide employee relations counseling and problem solving for managers and employees to ensure a productive work environment, remaining consistent with company values and policies and in adherence to state and federal regulatory law.
- Drive employee engagement and satisfaction while balancing employee concerns
- Recruiting Management:
- Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs/levels
- Manage all aspects of recruitment strategies for both hourly and salaried employees including but not limited to: posting jobs and recruiting for open positions, coordinate screenings, interviews, and selecting new hire candidates
- Creation and distribution of offer packet and other candidate communication
- Onboarding Management:
- Responsible for coordinating background check, drug screen and other pre-hire activities.
- Onboarding/orientation of new associates
- Responsible for entering all information in the ADP system
- Process the administration of employee benefits, compensation, performance appraisal programs, personnel record keeping, unemployment claims and training.
- Manage the annual performance review process and increases at the plant site
- Manage the leave of absences for all assigned employees. This includes issuing the appropriate documents to employees requesting FML or STD, sending responses to employees who have returned their completed paperwork, and following up with all parties involved while an employee is off of work. Additionally, this includes periodic contact with the employee, advising payroll of employee’s status, and keeping the Supervisor / Manager informed of the employee’s estimated return to work date.
- Identify all levels of internal candidates through succession planning process. (high potential candidates, low performers, “A” performers) Assist in creating development plans for each type of candidate
- Identify and determine management training needs
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing and mailing. Back-up the Executive Assistant on urgent matters and vacation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated success in translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies & action
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Experience working with HRIS systems.
- Strong computer/enterprise system skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of federal and state employment laws and other government compliance regulations.
- Ability to be responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization
- Effective interpersonal and analytical skills
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now software
- Pervious supervisory experience
- Ability to coach employees and management through complex issues and make recommendations that are consistent with policies, procedures and government laws
- Dynamic, flexible team player with demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Excellent facilitation, communication and presentation skills.
Fluent in English required (reading, writing, speaking)
Fluent in Spanish required (reading, writing, speaking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources related field preferred
- Master’s Degree preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- 7-10 years of Human Resources experience
- 3-5 years of Labor Relations experience preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Previous experience in union negotiations and handling difficult union relationships
- Must be able to work with others in a team oriented environment, Must be able to work with others in a team oriented environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks in an effective manner
- Must be able to organize work, manage time and workload with minimal supervision.
- Must maintain professional attitude; show courtesy to co-workers, vendors and customers.
- an interesting job within the packaging & paper industry
- to be part of a successful multicultural company
- an empowering environment
- several training opportunities (e.g. The Mondi Academy)
- several attractive medical and retirement benefits
If you are a dynamic and open-minded team player whose working style is characterised by flexibility and you are looking for a position where you take on even more responsibilities, take the first step and send your application to [email protected].
Immediate Start Date