Maintenance Technician (1)
Industrial bags (Fibre Packaging), Engineering / Maintenance, USA
- Pneumatic Systems to include High Pressure Compressed Air Distribution Systems
- Hydraulic systems to include cylinders and pumps
- Electrical Control Systems to include basic troubleshooting skills for Siemens 7, Siemens 5, Allen Bradley Logic 5000, Allen Bradley Logic 500 and/or Beckhoff controls, Proximity Switches, relay logic, Limit Switches, network communication systems, and Profibus and Profinet.
- Demonstrated capabilities in configuring Inverters, VFDs, Servos, Encoders, and Motors
- Basic troubleshooting skills using Multimeters, Insulation Testers, Meggers, O scopes, Clamp On Amp Meters, and Infrared Cameras
- Basic understanding of NFPA 70E to include Arc Flash and PPE requirements, OSHA requirements to include LOTO
- Must be able to work on different mechanical systems using correct tools and PPE to include but not limited to packaging conveyor systems, chain drives, gear boxes, drive shafts, pulley Systems, sprockets, rollers, solenoids, valves, splitter blades, bearings, shafts, rollers, belts, timing belts, chains
- Must be able to perform basic welding to include MIG, TIG and arc welding
- Must be able to work at heights, drive and operate scissor lifts, forklifts, and boom lifts on a regular basis
- Must demonstrate a theoretical understanding of safety requirements to include OSHA CFR 1910 basic safety requirements.
- Must be able to work methodically and quickly under pressure to quickly assess equipment failures determining the root cause of the failure and making effective repairs
- Must be capable of prioritizing jobs and making critical decisions to assist in eliminating excessive downtime and enhance overall OEE for each piece of equipment.
- Must be able to read European Electrical Schematics and order components.
- Individual must be able to see colors for electrical work, must show an interest in learning new equipment and be a self-starter
- Demonstrate effective leadership
- Effectively administer department functions
- Utilize data and tools to effectively communicate needs and expectations
- Evaluate needs and assigned purchasing of supplies needed for operations
- Work with other departments and teams as needed to facilitate overall operational improvements.
- Electronic Systems, PLC Electronics Troubleshooting, Electronic Testing Design, Project Management, Quality Focus, Database Design, Analyzing Information , Reporting Research Results, Attention to Detail, Emphasizing Excellence, and Innovation
Fluent in the English language
- Associate in Science in Electronics Technology or Industrial Technology or Electronics Eng. Technology with two years of experience. Will substitute education for experience.
- 5 years’ experience in related field
- Positive and progressive PLC experience
- Microsoft Office Applications with emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of computer software applications (MS Excel, Word)
- Ability to self-direct activities, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use discretion with confidential and sensitive information
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail orientation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions while working under pressure
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to use technology to solve business problems
- an interesting job within the packaging & paper industry
- to be part of a successful multicultural company
- an empowering environment
- several training opportunities (e.g. The Mondi Academy)
- several attractive social benefits
If you are a dynamic and open-minded team player whose working style is characterised by flexibility and you are looking for a position where you take on even more responsibilities, take the first step and send your application to [email protected].
Immediate Start Date