Consumer Packaging, Technical, USA
Summary: Responsibilities include but are not limited to overall maintenance support of all plant manufacturing equipment and buildings and grounds upkeep. ensures operation of electrical systems, mechanical systems, and electronic components of machinery and equipment. This person is required to be proficient in the safe, preventative and corrective maintenance to support the continuous operation of the plant, especially focusing on the monitoring, trouble shooting and repair of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Accountable for proper maintenance and repair of all plant/buildings and grounds equipment to include, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance.
- Upload, download, configure, modify and troubleshoot PLC programs and process instruments.
- May be responsible for building and wiring control panels for machinery per blueprints and schematics
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listens for problems; uses precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic components, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshoots malfunctions.
- Perform daily rounds in maintenance as needed to include monitoring of fire systems.
- Daily interaction with plant floor employees to seek input on process improvement ideas.
- Work closely with Process Engineering and other maintenance team members to support plant operations.
- Ability to learn and manage computerized maintenance management system to include entering, printing and closing work orders
- Safety Requirements
- Two to five years of customer service or equivalent experience in a manufacturing setting
- SAP software experience
- Demonstrated organizational abilities and priority setting
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to speak and read Spanish a plus
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience with Siemens Step7 / TIA and Allen Bradley RS5000 software highly preferred
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must possess or have the ability to learn to operate lift trucks with the following attachments: fork, probe, pipe and roll clamp.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Focus
- People Person
- Time Oriented
- Communication oral/written
- Safety & Security
- Basic Math and computer skills
- Attention to detail
- an interesting job within the packaging & paper industry
- to be part of a successful multicultural company
- an empowering environment
- several training opportunities (e.g. The Mondi Academy)
- several attractive social benefits
If you are a dynamic and open-minded team player whose working style is characterised by flexibility and you are looking for a position where you take on even more responsibilities, take the first step and send your application to Linda.[email protected].
Immediate Start Date