Production Supervisor – 3rd shift
Industrial bags (Fibre Packaging), Production / Operations, USA
The 3rd shift Plant Supervisor is responsible to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. Will assist overseeing all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES: Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; implement recommendations.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Controls downtime by ensuring routine preventive maintenance techniques are accomplished
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provides a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Prepares required reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Communicate with operators daily on shift to ensure machinery is running properly
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroups and provide leadership and direction to your team.
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime.
- Follow all plant rules and safety rules and regulations
- Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements.
- Track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets.
- A member of the HACCP committee.
- Shall take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF system
- Shall communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF system.
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a 4 year degree in business or industrial management. Prefer a degree in business or technical field. Desire 6 to 8 years in a manufacturing.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving, Time Management and experience in the manufacturing process.
- Microsoft Office Applications with emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to self-direct activities, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to use discretion with confidential and sensitive information
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail orientation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions while working under pressure
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management
Fluent in the English language
Schedule Requirements/ Working Conditions:
- Rotating Schedule
- Weekends may be required
- Manufacturing environment
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- An interesting job within the packaging & paper industry
- Opportunity to be a part of a successful multicultural company
- An empowering environment
- Several training opportunities (e.g. The Mondi Academy)
- Several attractive social benefits
If you are a dynamic and open-minded team player whose working style is characterised by flexibility and you are looking for a position where you take on even more responsibilities, take the first step and send your application to [email protected]
Immediate Start Date