Consumer Packaging, Production, USA
Summary: The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading the team to meet daily production goals in a safe environment meeting Mondi standards. The supervisor will work with the Operations Manager, Maintenance, Supply Chain, Quality and Continuous Improvement Managers to ensure on time and in full shipments to our customers. The Supervisor is essential to energizing and challenging the team as we grow the business.
- Provide direction and support through positive interactions with all personnel.
- Direct daily operations to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality standards through consistent presence on the floor.
- Serves as the catalyst for plant improvements in safety, efficiency, waste, labor and overall cost improvements.
- Work collaboratively with department managers, other shift supervisors and machine operators to identify and de-bottleneck production constraints with process changes that endure.
- Execute manufacturing processes with strict compliance to GMPs and SHE regulations.
- Utilize MES to ensure accurate reporting of waste and downtime. Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Responsible for the collecting of manufacturing data and presenting results to management and production floor.
- Champion’s continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques to drive profitability.
- Supervise shift employees to build a cohesive team environment.
- Participate in interviewing, coaching, training, motivation and discipline of staff. Assist in setting performance objectives and development plans to cross train team members. Accountable for employee development and performance.
- Manage time and attendance for employees to ensure adequate equipment coverage, accurate time cards and that the attendance policy is followed.
- Plan and deliver employee crew meetings to include topics relevant to production.
- Train on Safety topics regularly and own a CBUM for the facility.
- Inspire the team to strive for success through embracing the Mondi Way and holding others accountable to do the same.
- Coach, guide, and develop direct reports, create meaningful feedback discussions that support and enhance employee success.
- Develop and implement team succession plans.
- Provide direct supervision of team and drive accountability.
- Drive performance of staff through finding motivating factors, creating inspiration for your team, and providing resources to help them be successful.
- Drive regular communication with your team to create organizational awareness and transparency.
- Be the example of the Mondi Diamond for the team.
Ability to speak and read Spanish also required
- High School Diploma or GED required, engineering degree preferred
- 2-5 years’ supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Working knowledge of Lean and 6 Sigma quality tools and statistical methodologies
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 is a plus
- Must be willing to work shifts, overtime may be required
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Focus
- People Person
- Time Oriented
- Communication oral/written
- Safety & Security
- Basic Math and computer skills
- Attention to detail
- an interesting job within the packaging & paper industry
- to be part of a successful multicultural company
- an empowering environment
- several training opportunities (e.g. The Mondi Academy)
- several attractive social benefits
If you are a dynamic and open-minded team player whose working style is characterised by flexibility and you are looking for a position where you take on even more responsibilities, take the first step and send your application to [email protected].
Immediate Start Date