Fibre Packaging, Safety / Health / Environment, USA
- Work closely with the Group safety and health network , the relevant BU SHE coordinators as well as site SHE teams to integrate the Corporate and relevant Business Units SHE requirements with site specific programs, procedures, standards, training, and processes.
- Ensure good and open communication channels between Mondi networks and operations under his / her control.
- Advising the operations and providing support and technical assistance in the administration of and compliance with regulatory and company SHE requirements.
- To guide and promote employee and contractor safety compliance by developing safety systems and procedures, safety campaigns, and programs to address hazards and risks, and developing of the desired safety culture.
- Providing assistance to the line regarding the understanding of Group SHE requirements through training and coaching.
- Provide support and guidance in implementing the SHE methodologies including task risk management, permit to work and contractor management, and other methodologies and practice notes at all operations.
- Monitor the status of the top five focus and Letter of Assurance of all operations under his/her control and provide regular feedback to the BU CEO, and Group Head of Safety and Health.
- Provide guidance in the development and alignment of short and long term action plans, projects, initiatives, goals and objectives that maintain balance between corporate objectives, business needs, and the operations regarding SHE related issues.
- Conduct shop floor inspections and audits to determine compliance with local and regional regulatory, permit and company requirements.
- Provide guidance in assessing quality of audits and risk assessments and other safety processes conducted at the operations by line.
- Provide assistance to the operations to ensure that corrective and/or preventive measures are developed, completed and followed up to ensure effectiveness.
- Train, coach and mentor the professional development of the SHE professionals and provide support to the business segments in hiring site level SHE personnel.
- Ensure all incidents, are reported and investigated as per the MICE methodology and reports are of a good quality and where required provide the necessary support in identifying action plans taking the hierarchy of controls into account.
- Participate in Group safety and health network meetings and working groups as and when required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to develop, and conduct training on complex topics in a concise manner, appropriate to the audience.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to evaluate performance metrics and outcomes and to constructively resolve challenges.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead, motivate and influence others towards change.
- Effective interpersonal skills for interacting with people at various levels of the organization and in a variety of functions.
- Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages, and customer value.
- Self-confident, ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner.
- Ability to travel as required at least fifty (50%) percent of the time, international and domestic.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Spanish preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health & Environment or related field
- MBA preferred but not required
- Advanced certification SHE (NEBOSH or other US Certificate courses) preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years safety, heath experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- An interesting job within the packaging & paper industry
- To be part of a successful multicultural company
- An empowering environment
- Several training opportunities (e.g. The Mondi Academy)
- Competitive Benefits
- Local United States Offer
If you are a dynamic and open-minded team player whose working style is characterised by flexibility and you are looking for a position where you take on even more responsibilities, take the first step and send your application to [email protected].