Technical Sales Engineer
Consumer goods packaging (Consumer Packaging), Marketing / Sales, USA
Mondi is currently searching for a Technical Sales Engineer/Manager for Mondi KSP. This role will be in direct interaction with our customers to which the incumbent must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The Technical Sales Manager/Engineer is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products.
- Demonstrated market knowledge of assigned market to internal and external clients
- Responsible to setting and implementing the long-term technical direction for your assigned market in alignment with the Mondi KSP Sales teams along with other affiliates
- Project management of transition and development activities
- Representing Mondi KSP to external customers as an expert in the field and market
- Develop, manage and optimize internal and external trials for product development, qualification and cost reduction objectives
- Managing and directing trials and developments on key assets within the assigned facility
- Good understanding on flexible packaging industry, especially pouch and spout pouch market
- Representing Mondi KSP internally as a cross-functional team member in activities with Business Development, Operations, Market Support, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance
- Preparation and publication of reports on the development functions
- Provide training and coaching to operations associates
- Deliver high level of customer service to both internal and external clients
- Direct experiences on competitors or customers such as co-packers preferred
- Able to travel to Korea, North & Latin America
- Need to regularly report to Calvin in Mondi KSP in Korea
- Experience and skill in the food processing & flexible packaging business including experience with pouch filling/spout inserting machines (co-packers or packaging with or w/o spout suppliers are preferred).
- Good interpersonal skills & strong entrepreneurship required
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of pouch filling, sterilization, retort, etc.
- Knowledge of pouch filling machinery (including fillers, retort tanks, and automation processes) as well as fitments used across the industry.
- Understanding of the adaptive processes needed to match various fitments with given machinery. Likewise, the ability to trouble-shoot and problem solve complications between machinery and supplies is a must.
- Knowledge of food packaging technology (printing, lamination, bag making, spout inserting, injection molding etc.).
- English: Fluent, Spanish is a plus
- College/University degree
- MBA/Business Admin/Chemical Engineering is a plus
- 10+ years of technical sales experience in the spout pouch market.
- Preferably hailing from the flexible packaging and/or food and beverage industry.
- Overseas sales experience a plus, but not mandatory.
- Multinational company experience is a plus.
- Geographical experience in the US and Latin America is a plus.
- Frequent travel required
- an interesting job within the packaging & paper industry
- to be part of a successful multicultural company
- an empowering environment
- several training opportunities (e.g. The Mondi Academy)
- several attractive social benefits
If you are a dynamic and open-minded team player whose working style is characterised by flexibility and you are looking for a position where you take on even more responsibilities, take the first step and send your application to [email protected].
Immediate Start Date