Mondi Industrial Bags showcases sustainable packaging for a wide range of industries at FachPack 2016Publication Date:
05 September 2016
HYBRIDPRO: award-winning high-quality bag for high-quality contents
The HYBRIDPRO will celebrate its first birthday at FachPack.
Since its launch in 2015, this water-repellent paper bag has received several industry awards and accolades:
- The Limiting Environmental Impact at the 2016 Saint-Gobain Construction Products UK Supplier Conference and Awards
- A PART (Packaging: Art, Research, Technology) Award at the 2016 RosUpack packaging trade show in Moscow
- Shortlisted for a EUROSAC Grand Prix Award
- Shortlisted by RISI (forestry industry information provider) for its Pulp and Paper International Awards in November 2016
Mondi’s next generation of water-repellent paper bags has been developed as part of the company’s focus on exciting new solutions achieved through ongoing R&D work and collaboration with customers.
The HYBRIDPRO combines the best of both worlds: It offers all the protective advantages of a plastic bag, yet is fillable on conventional paper bag filling systems. Moreover, it is an eco-friendly solution as the total weight of material used is less than with standard three-ply designs serving the same purpose. The plastic and paper components are easy to separate, which ensures optimum recyclability.
Protector Bags: flexible, cost efficient, ecological
Protector Bags are paper-based bags designed especially for bulky and difficult-to-pack items such as automotive parts, bicycles, snowboards, electronics, etc.
- Flexible and protective – Made of several layers of paper, the Protector Bag provides cushioning and impact resistance, minimises vibration and prevents sharp edges or sharp points from penetrating the packaging by protecting from the inside and outside. Depending on the product to be packaged, different plies can be used, e.g. a soft fleece layer to protect varnished or chrome-plated goods.
- Cost efficient – Flexible materials allow denser stacking, so that more units fit in a smaller box or container, thus saving shipping and storage space. According to case studies, the volume of the packaged goods can be reduced by as much as 60%. That translates to significant reductions in logistics and storage costs.
- Ecological – Material usage is reduced, and CO2 emissions during shipping are lower.
Visit the Mondi booth at FachPack in Nuremberg (Hall 7, Booth 254), 27–29 September 2016, to see the HYBRIDPRO bag, the Protector Bags as well as other solutions for a wide range of industries. Mondi delivers fresh ideas and real solutions for customers’ packaging needs.
Read more about Mondi FachPack here: www.mondigroup.com/fachpack
Photos related to this press release are available at:
Isabella Schleifer, Marketing & Communications Manager
Tel: +43 1 790 13 4767
Fax: +43 1 790 13 945 Email: [email protected]
Mondi Europe & International GmbH
Marxergasse 4a, A-1030 Wien
About Mondi Industrial Bags
Mondi Industrial Bags, a business segment of Mondi’s Europe & International Division, is the leading international producer of industrial paper bags, selling around 5 billion bags per year. Thanks to its broad range of bag specifications, Mondi Industrial Bags serves major industries including cement and building materials, chemicals, food, feed and seed. The business segment operates a dense sales and service network, the specialised filling equipment department Natro Tech as well as its Bag Application Centre, where researchers develop and test innovative packaging solutions.
We are Mondi. IN TOUCH EVERY DAY.
At Mondi, our products protect and preserve the things that matter.
Mondi is an international packaging and paper Group, employing around 25,000 people across more than 30 countries. Our key operations are located in central Europe, Russia, North America and South Africa. We offer over 100 packaging and paper products, customised into more than 100,000 different solutions for customers, end consumers and industrial end uses - touching the lives of millions of people every day. In 2015, Mondi had revenues of €6.8 billion and a return on capital employed of 20.5%.
The Mondi Group is fully integrated across the packaging and paper value chain - from managing forests and producing pulp, paper and compound plastics, to developing effective and innovative industrial and consumer packaging solutions. Our innovative technologies and products can be found in a variety of applications including hygiene components, stand-up pouches, super-strong cement bags, clever retail boxes and office paper. Our key customers are in industries such as automotive; building and construction; chemicals; food and beverage; home and personal care; medical and pharmaceutical; packaging and paper converting; pet care; and office and professional printing.
Mondi has a dual listed company structure, with a primary listing on the JSE Limited for Mondi Limited under the ticker code MND and a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange for Mondi plc, under the ticker code MNDI.
For us, acting sustainably makes good business sense and is part of the way we work every day. We have been included in the FTSE4Good Index Series since 2008 and the JSE's Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) Index since 2007.
Mondi has a dual-listed company structure, with a primary listing on the JSE Limited for Mondi Limited under the ticker code MND and a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange for Mondi plc under the ticker code MNDI.
For us, sustainable development makes good business sense. We don’t just talk about sustainability; we make it part of the way we work every day. We have been included in the FTSE4Good Index Series since 2008 and the JSE's Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) Index since 2007.
 Based on sales volume. Source: Eurosac, Freedonia World Industrial Bags 2011 study prepared for Mondi and management estimates