- Research and Development
- Mondi R&D centres
- Mondi Food Safety Laboratory
- Packaging Paper R&D Innovation Centre
- Consumer Packaging R&D Centre
- Uncoated Fine Paper Development Centre
- Printing Competence Centre
- Bag Application Centre
- R&D collaborations
- R&D events
- Product training courses
- Events calendar
- General terms & conditions
Printing Competence Centre
Through numerous comprehensive tests and trials, the Centre produces the very best possible print quality with optimised ink consumption for a variety of Mondi's sack kraft paper, speciality kraft paper and containerboard grades.
Its work is especially important in view of high consumer demand, where attractive point-of-purchase packaging design and fine print give a competitive edge.
For bag applications, the Centre uses a unique ink system called MUIS (Mondi Universal Ink Series), developed by Mondi Bags, to function as a reference standard for ink suppliers and customers. From a range of 15 standard colours, we can create any shade by blending two or three inks.
The Centre can perform these tests (on printed paper):
- ink rub resistance
- humidity resistance
- dynamic friction of printed and / or unprinted paper – slip angle
- light fastness
- colour matching: difference ΔE and colour strength difference measured against Pantone or any other printed reference
- ink viscosity and pH
- print unevenness – mottling (DOMAS)
- fibre morphology
- specific formation
- standard paper testing – paper strength, porosity, roughness, optical properties etc.
Technical Center Manager
Mondi Štětí a.s.
CZ - 41108, Štětí
Tel: +420 416 802 339
Mobile: +420 602 346 910