- Governance of sustainability
- Sustainability reports and publications
- Growing responsibly model
- 1. Employee and contractor safety and health
- 2. A skilled and committed workforce
- 3. Fairness and diversity in the workplace
- 4. Sustainable fibre
- 5. Climate change
- 6. Constrained resources and environmental impacts
- 7. Biodiversity and ecosystems
- 8. Supplier conduct and responsible procurement
- 9. Relationships with communities
- 10. Solutions that create value for our customers
- Working Forest
- External recognition
- Sustainability case studies
We greatly value the diversity of our workforce which enables us to meet the needs of our customers, communities and shareholders. To maintain a fair, diverse and inclusive workplace, we promote good working conditions and uphold high standards of employment and human rights.
- Equality, employment and human rights issues are central to the public debate about how business interacts with society
- Our commitment to human rights across our operations and supply chain supports customers in managing their own supply chain risks
- Women in industry is outlined as a key area for attention in the traditionally male dominated packaging industry
- A diverse and inclusive workforce inspires innovation and creativity, while ensuring we understand and can meet the needs of our global stakeholders
- By respecting human rights, we act with integrity, reduce our reputational and business risks and improve employee engagement, commitment and effectiveness
- We rely on a strong pipeline of talented employees from all backgrounds; increasingly, people want to work for companies that uphold high ethical standards
- Promote fair working conditions and diversity in the workplace
Diversity & Inclusion roadmap developed and 10 priority work streams identified to support and enhance diversity & inclusion in the workplace
In September 2018, Mondi held its first Diversity & Inclusion conference in Austria, bringing 75 colleagues from around the world together over two days to shape the vision of a diverse and inclusive culture at Mondi. The outcome of the conference was a roadmap to create a work environment that fosters and respects a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Diversity and Inclusion is one of the core pillars of our Group CEO, Peter Oswald’s vision, communicated to employees at the Leadership Forum in early June. We have established a new Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) committee, which includes four executive committee members, supported by a diverse taskforce of global colleagues.
At the conference, external contributors shared valuable insights on industry trends, good practice, the implementation of change agents to foster D&I initiatives and outcomes from business case studies supported by statistics demonstrating effectiveness.
The taskforce is developing tangible actions for our D&I roadmap. The conference has created a new network of Mondi employees who have shown their passion for the topic and their willingness to support Mondi’s ambition to be an employer of choice.
Related case studies
- Target 5.5 Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic and public life
- Target 8.5 By 2030, achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all women and men, including for young people and persons with disabilities, and equal pay for work of equal value
- Target 8.7 Take immediate and effective measures to eradicate forced labour, end modern slavery and human trafficking and secure the prohibition and elimination of the worst forms of child labour, including recruitment and use of child soldiers and by 2025 end child labour in all its forms
- Target 8.8 Protect labour rights and promote safe and secure working environments for all workers, including migrant workers, in particular women migrants, and those in precarious employment