Bag-in-box barrier films
Mondi's ethylene-vinyl alcohol copolymer (EVOH) barrier films are high-performance and sustainable outer and inner liners for the bag-in-box (BIB) industry, offering excellent protective properties that ensure beverages and chemicals are kept safe from oxygen and light contamination.
- Excellent oxygen, scent and gas barrier
- Extraordinary flex-crack performance
- High puncture resistance
- Excellent for hot-fill application
- Good hot-tack strength ensuring liquids remain firmly sealed
- Good anti-friction properties
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Options available that are designed for recycling
- Thanks to the light weight packaging, less energy and raw materials are used in production and transportation
- Liquid and semi-liquid products
- Aseptic filling/Hot-fill application
- Alcoholic liquids
- Fossil based and vegetable oil
- Suitable for carton boxes (1-20 l content)
- Octabins (up to 1.000 l content)
- Containers (up to 20.000 l content)
- Cages and drums (up to 1.000 l content)
- Film tickness: 50 - 200 µm
- Width: up to 2200 mm
Industrial barrier films and tubes
We offer comprehensive coextruded multi-layer structures that provide excellent barrier properties against the migration of gases and aromas.
Laminating barrier films
We produce highly specialised laminating films which, as functional components of flexible packaging, keep your products safe, preserve their flavour, and help maintain their shelf life.
More sustainable barrier films
These innovative products are the highlight of our ongoing sustainability journey to support our customers to pack their products in a recyclable solution with a low carbon footprint.
Thermoformable barrier films
We produce high barrier films with up to 18-layers to ensure highest product protection and elongated shelf life, while at the same time ensuring best machine processability during the packaging process.