Work at Group office Vienna
Together for a sustainable future: the Group Office Vienna is one of our two headquaters and the centre of our business untis as well as group functions. #GrowCreateInspireTogether
Take a virtual look into our Group Office!
Virtually visit our Group Office Vienna and take a look at your possible future workplace! Simply click directly into the image and move the mouse to get an all-round view, change floors using the navigation points in the orange box and follow the arrows on the floor through the hallways and rooms.
The Mondi Way
Our strategic approach builds on our current competitive advantages while providing a clear roadmap for our investments and operational decisions so that we can continue to deliver sustainable value in the future. The Mondi Way shows how our strategy, purpose and culture are intrinsically connected.
The Mondi Action Plan 2030 (MAP2030) sets out the actions we want to take to meet our ambitious new sustainability commitments by 2030. Our areas of action are divided into circular solutions, created by empowered employees, and measures against climate change. Our MAP2030 is based on responsible business practices in the areas of human rights, local communities, purchasing and environmental performance.
Students, e.g. (holiday) internships, dual studies, contract work.
Graduates, e.g. traineeships, junior positions
- Experienced professionals, e.g. specialist, senior or manager positions
Didn't find a suitable job for you? Send us your unsolicited application or create a job alert!
Get to know us, take a look behind the scenes and discover a variety of career paths.
Meet Zoe Truchy - our passionate brand manager.
Diversity and Inclusion
We offer an exciting and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome to openly express their thoughts and our employees can inspire each other and grow together. In line with our approach, we support many institutions and cooperate with partners such as myAbility, Girls Day and Vienna Pride and run our own women's network in the group office. Our management promotes this commitment word and day. Our CEOs are each particularly committed to a diversity dimension and actively develop and promote initiatives in these areas.
What defines our workplace?
Our collaborations and initiatives
As a partner of the myAbility talent program, we offer students and academics with disabilities job shadowing, giving them an insight into the working world at Mondi.
Volkshilfe (People's Aid)
As part of our Corporate Volunteering Initiative, Mondi colleagues can get involved socially e.g. by cooking for the homeless or organising leisure activities for children and young adults.
Under the motto “Sustainable by Design, Inclusive by Choice” we took part in the Pride Parade (rainbow parade) in Vienna for the first time in 2023 with our own float.
MPWN - Women's Network
Our internal women's network, the Mondi Professional Women Network (MPWN), regularly organizes events to further develop and promote the careers of Mondi colleagues.
Girls Day / Daughters Day
As part of Girls Day, with Mondi Korneuburg, we are introducing the daughters of Mondi parents to technical careers relating to packaging and paper in an interactive program.
Talent Relationship Management
To get in touch with promising talents at an early stage, we cooperate primarily with the WU Vienna (SIMC & CEMS Master, Master Class CEE), various HTLs and a HAK.
Our benefits depend on your position and department and can include:
Discounts and subsidies
- Job Ticket (Wiener Linien annual ticket)
- Subsidy for the climate ticket
- Lunch subsidy/Sodexo
- Offers for our employees – large selection of discounts from top brands
- Lots of discounts in Vienna Mitte – The Mall and around, e.g. pharmacy
Flexible working hours
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work including the provision of required equipment and a subsidized home office flat rate within the legal framework
- Partial retirement, sabbaticals, trust-based working hours and compressed working weeks by agreement
Fitness and health
- Free use of the nearby fitness center
- Special conditions at John Harris, Tennispoint Vienna, GymClub and FitInn
- Company doctor including free vaccination campaigns and preventive examinations directly on site
- Financial subsidy for computer glasses
- Employee Assistance Program (psychosocial services)
- Financial support for participation in running events including a Mondi running shirt
- Mondi football team
- In-house massages at reduced prices
- Free fruit and drinks
- Free organic feminine hygiene products
- Special conditions with Merkur supplementary insurance
Inspiring workplace with international collaboration
- English as a corporate language
- Creative zones
- Quiet areas
- Cross-departmental project teams/focus groups
- Shared desks where it makes sense
- Video conferencing application
- Chat tool
- Data exchange programs
- Intranet (news, knowledge management)
- International exchange meetings in all departments
Training and development
- Mondi Academy – numerous training courses on hard and soft skills
- E-learning options via online seminars
- Learning apps like Busuu or Blinkist
- Systematic feedback (e.g. 360°)
- Mandatory career development reviews (PDR – Performance & Development Review)
- Talent development programs, such as L.E.A.D., NexGen or IGP (International Graduate Programs)
- Bilingual private kindergarten in the building with extended opening hours
- Birth gift
- Part-time paternity leave
- Father’s leave/“dad month”
- E-learning to prepare for parenthood
- Financially supported Mondi Summer Camp
- Buddy program
- Mystery lunch
- The Mondi Professional Women’s Network
- GROWnetwork for interns and trainees
Our recruiting process
Has one of our advertisements caught your attention? Or were you recommended by one of our employees? In both cases, we look forward to your application! In order to reward the efforts of our employees who point out a job to their friends through our employee referral program, they receive a small thank you if their recommendation is hired. What you can expect in the recruiting process:
Your application arrives
Arrival of your application via our online recruiting tool.
Screening of your application by our recruiters and hiring managers in the following days.
The first contact
Contact us by telephone to arrange a (telephone) interview – online or physically in our group office.
You haven't heard from us yet? Approach us proactively! We always do our best, but it can happen that we get sick or a technical error delays our response.
A second interview with an extended group of interviewers will be arranged to give you the chance to get to know potential team members. You may be asked to prepare a business case or presentation.
Due to the complexity of certain positions, a third or fourth interview may take place.
We will contact you and inform you of our decision. Congratulations if you get an acceptance! Find out what to expect in our onboarding process below.
Come on board!
Have you received an offer from our recruiters? Congratulations! Your Mondi Experience will start shortly and we will do our best to make your start as easy as possible.
Before you start:
You will receive a welcome email with all the necessary information for your first day. In addition, your manager will also contact you to plan the first few days with you.
Your 1st week
To welcome you, you will be given a small welcome gift. Additionally, you can take part in our (virtual) onboarding sessions, where you will learn everything about the company, the tools and platforms used, and your most important contacts. Your department will also support you in the first few weeks and months with an individual onboarding and training plan.
Your 1st year
From day 1, your buddy will accompany you through your first six months at Mondi. Your buddy is available to answer any company-related questions you may have. As part of our feedback culture and to create transparency around your goals, your manager will conduct a Performance Development Review with you that will outline your roadmap for the coming year.
Due to our outstanding recruiting services, we were awarded the 2022/23 gold seal of quality in the paper industry by BEST RECRUITERS for the second time in a row.
Top Company 2023
We are Top Company 2023 at kununu and one of the most family-friendly companies in Austria according to kununu and freundin magazine. Second award in a row.
LinkedIn Top Company
LinkedIn awarded us the Top Company 2023 Award for supporting the long-term professional success of our employees. We are proud of 16th place!
BGF seal of quality
Our numerous health measures, awarded with the BGF seal of quality 2022-24 for the second time in a row, make a significant contribution to employee satisfaction.
We are considered a particularly attractive employer, especially for students in engineering/IT and natural sciences, which is why we were awarded the Student Most Attractive Employers Award 2022 by Universe.
The equalitA seal of approval, awarded by the Federal Ministry of Labor and Economic Affairs, distinguishes us as one of the Austrian companies that actively promotes women within the company.