Including PCR content in plastic packaging
PCR plastic content, or post-consumer recycled content is becoming increasingly important for companies looking to transition to more sustainable plastic packaging without sacrificing important features. New regulations also demand a sustainable end-of-life for packaging and customers are calling for a more sustainable packaging for their purchases.
From waste to ressource
Mondi leads the way in sustainable packaging with PCR plastic content. PCR content in packaging promotes circularity, reduces virgin material extraction, and ensures regulatory compliance while still meeting packaging requirements, including convenience, safety and effective barrier protection and remaining cost-effective. We're committed to integrating PCR content using our expertise and integrated supply chain, catering to industries like home/personal care, food, and pet food.
We recognise the importance of post-consumer recycled (PCR) content in plastic packaging to drive sustainability and our approach offers practical solutions for our customers.
- As a leading global sustainable packaging and paper company, we are actively working to tackle PCR content challenges and integrate it into our packaging solutions.
We have the right know-how integrated supply chain supports
- We already have products in the market with PCR content.
- We can use both mechanically and chemically recycled content in our plastic packaging solutions.
We collaborate closely with our customers
- We collaborate closely with our customers, to support them in achieving their sustainability goals.
- We create fit-for-purpose packaging solutions with recycled content for various applications.
We control the recipes of our resins and extrude our own films,
- We can develop the films to meet our needs, including the type of PCR and the level of performance required by the customer to create a fit-for-purpose packaging solution for their product.
We comply with environmental standards and regulations
- We have strict qualification rules for all our solutions.
We ensure that the PCR content used in our packaging meets the highest safety and quality standards
- We have also invested in research and development laboratories, including food safety.
Making a positive impact through circular driven solutions, created by empowered people, taking action on climate.